Listen to this post
You are cordially invited to Agenda Feminist Media’s 4th Feminist Dialogue entitled Safe Cities for Women / Gendering the National Development Plan & the Gender Equality Bill
Date : Friday, 12th April 2013
Time : 09H00 to 14H30
Venue : Diakonia Centre, 20 Diakonia Ave, Durban
RSVP on or before Monday, 08 April 2013 to: Shireen Ragunan (e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org (tel) 031 3047001 (fax) 031 304 7018
Dietary requirement – pls. confirm: Veg or Non-Veg
(Pls. pass on this invite to others who might be interested)
• Adv. Devina Perumal and Ms Willene Holness – understanding of the Gender Equality Bill and its objective to uses legal means to advance gender equality by penalizing offenders.
• Ms Amanda Gouws, CGE Commissioner – need for a gendered National Development Plan.
• Ms Vanessa Burger – The Chairperson of Umbilo Action Group – what can be learnt from the Community Policing Forum and victim support group process of uncovering police failure to carry out their responsibilities – and how this process unfolded.
• South Durban Community Environmental Alliance – community mobilisation for a safe community.
• Ms Taryn Powys, KwaZulu-Natal CGE legal officer – report back on the outcome of the CGE process of investigation arising from the first Feminist Dialogue into allegations of sexual harassment of informal traders.
We look forward to your participation in this important discussion.